We interviewed the team at Koalas NFT, who created a collection of 5555 Super cute-looking Koalas that dominate the Earth where the pandemic has wiped out humans. These Koalas mutate after eating noxious Eucaplytus leaves and are a sight to behold!
1. How would you describe your artistic style?
I would say my style isn't set to one thing. For years I've dabbled with so many art styles, but for the NFT world, I felt like my cute and funny line art style fits well.
2. What drew you to NFT creation rather than traditional canvas-based art?
I saw the potential for artists to be appreciated much more; it also opened a door for more fun art styles to be experimented with, which made me interested in exploring the NFT space more.
3. Are there any artists who have inspired you? What do you like about their work?
Throughout the years, more than I could count to be honest. I love almost all types of art and the beauty in the creative process of so many artists. Although very far from what I'm doing now, I will admit that Van Gogh has always inspired me to make art, and I admire how passionate he was about his craft. I'm in love with his brush strokes.
4. What made you create NFTs?
I have been a fan of technology forever. Whatever is new in tech, I want to be involved in it. This is why I initially got involved in NFTs as an investor, and I loved what they are building using this technology and how it can sculpt our future. I wanted to add value to this sphere and be more actively involved in its journey. This is why I became a creator and started my collection.
5. Can you tell us about your project?
ICKoalas is a collection of 5555 Super cute-looking Koalas that dominate the Earth where the pandemic has wiped out humans. While searching for a sustainable food source, Koalas developed a new variety of eucalyptus leaves that astonishingly turned out to be noxious and altered their gene structure, causing mutation. How these super cute koalas look as mutants will be a sight to see.
6. How many NFTs will be minted? Can you talk us through the process of how you create the art?
There will be a total of 5555 ICKoalas; each holder of ICKoala will later be airdropped Noxious Leaf (usable item) in a 1:1 ratio. The ICKoala and Noxious Leaf will be used for mutation, the used leaf and koala will be burned, and a Mutant Koala will be produced. Theoretically, there can only ever be 5555 Mutant Koalas.
7. Will people be able to breed, stake, rent your NFT, or will it ever be in a game?
They are some fascinating ideas that we can work on based on our community feedback in the future. We are open to such ideas.
8. What benefits do you think the Internet Computer has over other L1 blockchains when it comes to creating NFTs?
I am involved in the NFT ecosystem of 5 blockchains at this juncture, and ICP stands at the top of my list among all of them. One of the primary reasons is the true essence of trading available at ICP due to no gas fees; the other primary reason is the ICP network's lightning-fast speed, which is best suited for an industry such as NFTs.
9. What other art have you seen that excites you in the Internet Computer NFT ecosystem?
I like the ICPets, ICAliens, and ICKitties projects because of their Hold to Earn dynamics. I love ICPSquad, ICSnakes, ICPunks & Cats & Moonwalkers because of how much the teams of these projects are working on evolving the ICP Ecosystem.
10. What excites you most about your launch, and which date is your launch?
We are a relatively small collection that will be providing firsthand benefits to all its minters in the form of sweepstakes and giveaways. The community we are currently building is supportive and takes an active part in our events.
We are also offering a 25% discount to club role holders in our server who are an integral part of our community. So, in my view, giving our fantastic community a successful and smooth launch is the part I am most excited about.
We are awaiting confirmation on the launch date, but we can expect it to be towards the end of February or the start of March.
11. What advice would you give to anyone trying to enter into the world of NFTs?
They should look for the community that best suits their vibe because, in the end, a project and its performance is a reflection of its community.
12. Do you have further plans to work with ICP Squad in the future after this initial sale?
We would love to collaborate with ICP Squad in myriad aspects. I love what the team is building and how it can help evolve web 3, and we will be more than happy to contribute to its evolution along with the team of ICP Squad.
13. Can you envisage a future where the most valuable NFT space is on the Internet Computer?
Yes, given the true trading essence and the other convenient features available here on ICP. I think it is only a matter of time before ICP NFT Space gains mass adoption and takes the throne as the most valuable NFT Space.
14. Why do you think NFTs have become so valuable in such a short space of time?
From my understanding, it's because of the two main features of this technology. First is the sheer utility that it provides in its current form, and second is the vast potential it has.
15. Tell us about your team?
We are a team of about ten members from different continents. Our team at the current juncture includes multiple moderators, community builders, project developers, artists, writers, and coders. We plan to expand the crew as the community, and the project grows.
16. What advantages do you believe you have over other competitors?
I believe we have one of the best artworks on ICP coupled with a team experienced in the NFT Ecosystem both as a developer and as an active market and community participant. Having experience of both the sides of the tables across Blockchains is a strong advantage for us. We are also actively working on building solid partnerships, which, in my opinion, are crucial for a project’s success.
17. Do you have partners? Tell us about them?
We have already partnered up with many NFT projects on ICP to host community events, and we have a lot more already in the pipeline for the coming weeks. This will help us establish stronger partnerships and presence across the ICP Ecosystem. In the future, we aim to enter the realms of metaverse and Game integrations; we will be on the lookout for partnerships for such integrations.
18. Tell us about the challenges you face while building your project?
The biggest challenge and our team’s favorite task is to plan fun events for our community. We at ICKoalas have two-game parties with huge prizes every week, we never repeat a game, and we try to make new games that are inclusive of our non-English community as well.
Curation of such games and other events has so far proven to be our most fun challenge. Thanks to our community’s active suggestions and our team’s hard work so far, we have been able to host entertaining game parties, a lot more of them up and coming.
19. What are your short and long-term achievements and targets?
A short-term target for our community is to have a more comprehensive presence across social media avenues; on the same note, our short-term achievement is the growth our community has seen so far; we managed to accumulate over 1000 members in less than 3 hours of launching the server. Our long-term targets include strong partnerships for metaverse and gaming integrations.
20. Give us some details about your roadmap?
To maximize holder benefits and create community benefits over the short, medium, and long term.
2022 Early Q1:
-Marketing & Community Building. -Community Games, Challenges, Giveaways. Target: 5K+ Strong community on discord, reasonable presence on Twitter, DSCVR & Distrikt.
- Launch the ICKoalas Collection.
- Award special benefits to minters in the form of giveaways sweepstakes.
- Part of the net revenue from the Sale goes to ICKoalas Community Treasure Vault. The proceeds will be used to buy NFTs on ICP and give them away to the ICKoalas holders. This way, we bring more volume to the ICP Ecosystem and, at the same time, provide holder benefits.
- Airdrop “Noxious Leaves” each ICKoala MINTER will receive a Noxious Leaf in a 1:1 ratio, which will be used later to upgrade the ICKoala. The Noxious Leaves will be traded on the marketplace.
Q2 or Early Q3:
- Introduce mutation. The holders will be allowed to mutate their ICKoala by using a Noxious Leaf. The ICKoala and the Noxious Leaf will be burned. The mutated ICKoala will be part of a new collection. [This way, the original collection becomes more scarce and valuable while the supply for the new collection is theoretically very limited as well.]
2022 Q4- 2023 Q1: - Discuss with our community about possible metaverse Integration, if a metaverse is not developed on ICP by then, we can consider launching on Sandbox and airdropping Sandbox Voxels to the holders. - Integration with some ICP Games will be subject to collaborations.
21. Any plan to move into Metaverse?
We plan to, and we will be on the lookout for partnerships.
22. Will, your NFT, be tokenized in the future?
If that is what our community would want, we can work out an arrangement to make it happen.
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions 😊
Connect with ICKoalas
Connect With Us:
Sponsored Content : Dfinity Community does not necessarily endorse any content or product on this page. While we aim to provide you with information regarding important projects and developments in the Internet Computer ecosystem, readers should do their own research and carry full responsibility for their decisions, and this article should not be considered as investment advice. Please note that every effort is made by DC to vet projects we promote