We interviewed ICPuppies, the next big NFT Project to launch on the Internet Computer. Gamifying collections and integrating them with other Internet Computer projects and teams is just part of the plan for this ambitious and talented team.
- What attracted you initially to Blockchain?
- Well, it was a gradual dive-in. When I was young and heavily into video games (I still am, haha!) I always liked the grand-strategy ones or those that allowed me to focus on multiple things simultaneously.
- I guess that I always wanted the aspect of having numerous things happening simultaneously, linking them together, and trying to get the best out of whatever situation the game threw out at me.
On top of that, I always was in touch with the latest technology, be it software or hardware. When the idea of blockchain started to become mainstream, I looked into it, and it was love at first sight.
The possibilities it can open are endless, and we believe the economical usage of blockchain technology is just the first stepping stone. Decentralization truly is the future, in our opinion.
2. Of all the platforms you could have chosen, why did you decide to build on the Internet Computer?
- We discovered DFINITY in 2018, and we kept checking in on it from time to time. Initially, it sounded too good to be true(I mean, an infinitely scalable blockchain where you can deploy just about anything and make it very accessible for the end-user? Who would’ve believed that?)
But getting into some of Internet Computer's apps and testing them out first-hand was an eye-opener. We tested out games, social media platforms, and they’re all very sleek and responsive.
- The ease-of-use, speed, and community built around the Internet Computer are incredible, and we want to be a part of it.
3. How long has your company been established, and what is your business model based on?
I’ve been working with Lucian for quite some time on projects unrelated to NFTs, and we wanted to bring our team’s strengths to the Internet Computer ecosystem.
4. What makes your company marketable, and what will ensure its long-term success?
- Lucian and I have a remarkable synergy for building things, and we want to stick to the project for the long term. Everybody on the Internet Computer has been so welcoming and helpful that it would be a shame not to add our abilities and strengths to the ecosystem and our little contribution to its growth.
5. What challenges have you faced while building your company?
- Well, it’s certainly something new for both of us. We had to adapt to many things, but we managed to overcome most of the challenges. However, we’re still learning, so any suggestions or ideas are welcome!
6. What overall vision do you have? Do you have a roadmap? If so, what does it involve?
- As pointed out several questions above, we want to create collections that are here for the long run. With the NFT market growing at an insane pace, collections that provide utility to the end-user are something we want to build.
- Gamifying collections, integrating them with other Internet Computer projects and teams are on our to-do list.
We’re excited about the future, and we hope the community is just as enthusiastic as we are. We can’t wait to see what the community’s reception to our project will be, some of the ideas coming from community members were great, and we’re already working on implementing them in our project.
7. What challenges have you faced while building your company? What advantages do you believe you have over other competitors?
- We think of ourselves as highly adaptable and creative. We like brainstorming, and more often than not, we pivoted around ideas easily, navigating to the best outcome. I want to think that’s our strongest point.
8. Tell us about the team
- We’re two friends that like working together on a range of different projects. Lucian was the one that got involved with DFINITY first, and he ∞ - pilled me, so to say. Since then, we’ve been following everything that happens in the Internet Computer space, and we’re very eager to see what the future holds.
9. What advice do you have for anyone working in the same space as you?
- We’re not really veterans in the space, so we can’t give you any life-changing advice. However, we can tell you there’s a learning curve, but it’s so enjoyable to discover what the Internet Computer ecosystem has to offer as you’re navigating through it.
10. What other projects building on the Internet Computer are you most excited about?
- Distrikt, OpenChat, DSCVR, Entrepot, ICMojis, and the NFT games ToniqLabs has in development (actually, any games that can be deployed on the Internet Computer are something we’re excited for).
11. Do you have any plans to collaborate with other projects building on the Internet Computer?
- We already met the Entrepot team and some other people, and we’re always open for collaborations! So if you have an idea that can link in with what we got going on, don’t hesitate to shoot Lucian or me a message.
12. Do you have any token sales planned for the future? If so, when? Can you give details?
- Our NFT collection launches on October 8th on Entrepot, so be sure to check it out!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, join our Discord, and check our website at https://icpuppies.io/
Many thanks to the ICPSquad team!
Connect With ICPuppies here:
Connect With Us:
- Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the original author and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the Dfinity Community staff and/or any/all contributors to this site.