We interviewed CAP (PsychedelicDAO), who told us that the Internet Computer pushes decentralization forward by ensuring all assets are on-chain and opens the door to amazing possibilities like programmatic or interactive NFTs that are fully on-chain.
These guys are serious players, with a team of +30 builders and entrepreneurs trying to build a path forward for Web3. Other projects created by the team include Plug, Fleek, Dank, DAB, CAP.
1. How would you describe your artistic style?
It’s a combination of realistic 3D with psychedelic and traditional material combinations.
2. What made you create NFTs?
We are creating this NFT collection to showcase the importance of having a transaction history, provenance, and traceability in the blockchain ecosystem. We’ll do so by integrating the NFT to CAP, the open internet service for transaction history/provenance on the Internet Computer.
3. Can you tell us about your project?
CAP Crowns is a collection of 10,000 3D modeled Crowns built using a combination of psychedelic and traditional materials and gems. It was only natural to showcase CAP, and we created an NFT with the logo, a crown!
CAP (Certified Asset Provenance) itself is an open internet service that solves one main issue on the Internet Computer. NFTs and tokens don’t have a native transaction history like other networks (e.g., Ethereum). Therefore developers have to build their individual and custom solutions for each token/NFT, scale them, and maintain them.
Unfortunately, this results in no NFT having history at all, as we see. CAP provides transaction histories as a scalable and trustless service. With a couple of lines of code, any developer can integrate their NFT/Token canister and give them full traceability and transparency for users with a per-project transaction history that CAP spawns, easy to maintain, and standardized. It starts with asset provenance, and it can evolve into an activity of any sort.
4. How many NFTs will be minted? Can you talk us through the process of how you create the art?
10,000 Crowns will be minted. For the art, we’re working together with the fantastic team at Psychedelic Games. Together, we jammed on the themes and landed on the psychedelic and space-oriented alternative materials.
5. Will Your NFT be able to breed, stake, or ever be in a game?
Not at the moment.
6. What benefits do you think the Internet Computer has over other L1 blockchains when creating NFTs?
There are many of them, one of the most interesting ones for us is storing the assets on-chain as well, with high flexibility of the type of asset that can be stored (e.g., an entire mini-game!). This not only pushes decentralization forward by ensuring all assets are on-chain; but opens the door to amazing possibilities like programmatic or interactive NFTs that are fully on-chain.
7. What other art have you seen that excites you in the Internet Computer NFT ecosystem?
Interactive NFTs have been a promising avenue on the Internet Computer. Teams like NFT Studio showcasing games, emulators, 3D experiences, and more web interactive spaces can easily be made and usable inside wallets like Plug.
8. What excites you most about your launch?
As we said, CAP Crowns are a showcase of CAP itself! So we’re most excited to see them drop and start creating their transaction history as they move about the ecosystem.
9. What advice would you give to anyone trying to enter into the world of NFTs?
Challenging the format, following the examples we’ve given with 3D experiences and complex experiences being turned into NFTs, as the Internet Computer and other technologies begin to allow it.
10. Do you have further plans to work with ICP Squad in the future after this initial sale?
Happy to continue jamming together, we will be working closely to bring CAP to the ICPSquad NFT.
11. Can you envisage a future where the most valuable NFT space is on the Internet Computer?
Indeed, it has unique characteristics to do so, but great potential to bring in other external NFT spaces or boost them with the unique perks of the Internet Computer.
12. Why do you think NFTs have become so valuable in such a short space of time?
In the case of the Internet Computer, they arrived at a time where the space needed to start seeing the first use cases and perks of building on the Internet Computer. NFTs were first to do that and are currently at a peak momentum of exploring those perks.
13. Tell us about your team?
CAP is a part of psychedelic! a developer collective and decentralized product studio building on Web3. We’re a team of +30 builders and entrepreneurs trying to build a path forward for Web3, building on the Internet Computer, Ethereum, and other protocols. Other projects created by the team include Plug, Fleek, Dank, DAB, CAP.
14. What advantages do you believe you have over other competitors?
The experience of the entire Psychedelic collective on this ecosystem and Web3, in general, puts us in an excellent position to share and build upon a lot of knowledge, resources, and tools we’ve gathered as we started making and facing core challenges of developing & problem-solving on the Internet Computer. Being familiar with the perks and the challenges of the network, together with our past experiences, helps us think ahead of how to solve problems like scalability.
15. Tell us about your partners?
We are building a relationship with you guys, DFINITY Community :)
16. Tell us about the challenge you face while building your project?
We’re using this opportunity to explore new options for NFTs, for example, adding a built-in 2,5% royalty fee that is market agnostic, as another exploration of how NFTs should be interface agnostic and provide their market functionalities built into the NFT itself (which is another challenge we’re exploring).
17. What are your short and long-term achievements and targets?
Our short-term goal is to release CAP Crowns to the public and start generating movements to show their full traceability and transparency compared to other projects. In the future, CAP Crowns could play a role in CAP when the open internet service becomes user-governed, where maybe holders of Crowns could access a portion of CAP’s governance tokens.
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions 😊
Connect with Psychedelic DAO
Connect With Us:
- Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the original author and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the Dfinity Community staff and/or any/all contributors to this site.