There are two ways to top-up a neuron: Directly via the Neurons tab or by withdrawing ICP tokens from an exchange or from the ICP "Main" account in the NNS app.
With the last method, we are sending the ICP tokens directly to the neuron address. The first method is the quickest and easiest one.
Method 1: Increase The Neurons Stake Via The Neurons Tab
We can top up the neuron using the new functionality which doesn't require specifying the neuron's address manually
Follow the steps and add the tokens directly from the "Main" Account :
ICP Stake, Maturity & Voting Power will be updated automatically.
Method 2: Alternative Method Via Exchanges and Through The Neuron Address
How to get the Neuron Destination Address
- Click on the ICP account that was used to make the neuron - " Main" (in this case) to get the transaction history.
2. "Stake Neuron" address will be the destination for sending ICP tokens
Top-Up a Neuron from the NNS "Main" Account Address
Click "New Transaction" and use the "Stake Neuron" address as the destination address as shown in the above steps:
Top-Up the Neuron From an Exchange
Withdraw ICP tokens from the exchange of your preference and use the "Stake Neuron" Address as the destination address. Below is an example from Coinbase pro:
Confirmation will show the neuron address as the destination:
Before the top-up, the balance was:
After the top-up from the Main account and the Coinbase pro withdrawal, NNS automatically adjusts the staked tokens & voting power.
- Staked ICP: 14.499 + 0.8001 + 4.0001 + 0.8101 = 20.109
- Voting history: went from 28.99801234 to 40.3220856
Fee for each Transaction = 0.0001
- Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the original author and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the Dfiinty Community staff and/or any/all contributors to this site.*